I’ll search your manuscript line by line to find pesky cliches, duplicate words, spelling and grammatical errors, passive voice, and glaring plot holes. You’ll receive a report back on overall tone and structure of your manuscript and I’ll make suggestions while still helping you keep your voice throughout your story or nonfiction work.
$3.00 per page.
Straight-up copy-edits with no feedback.
$2.50 per page.
Have a fresh pair of eyes before your manuscript heads out the door!
$1.00 per page.
Suggestions on overall tone, structure, and plot but no editing.
$2.00 per page.
PICTURE BOOK CONSULTATION
Plot, voice, structure–writing a picture book isn’t for the meek. Let’s wrestle those 700 words into something awesome.
BOOK PROPOSAL CONSULTATION
Proposals are wily beasts for both nonfiction and fiction. We’ll work together on making this book’s business plan snappy.
QUERY LETTER CONSULTATION
THIS. IS. THUNDERDOME.
Okay, not quite, but writing query letters can seem like running into a brick wall. If you’re not getting the response you’d like with your pitch, let’s work on it together to make it past the spam filter.
HOW THIS WORKS
- Contact me via the form on this website with what type of edits or consultation you’re looking for for this project, plus the word count.
- I will ask for a copy of the manuscript via Word Doc and get back to you in a jiffy with a quote for my editing services (see note on word count).
- If the fee is acceptable, I will invoice you through PayPal for 50% of the balance if it is over $100.00. Amounts under $100.00 will be invoiced in full.
- Once the deposit is received, I will edit and critique your project. This process may take up to four weeks depending on the size of the project.
- When finished with my edits, I will email you the status of the work and invoice you for the final amount, if needed.
- Once payment is complete, I will send the edited project with notes. Track Changes will be used within the document.
- You dominate the literary world.
To avoid any conflict of interest as an agent with Red Sofa Literary, I will be unable to consider manuscripts that I have worked on as an editor.
One page equals two hundred and fifty words.